This article covers frequently asked questions about reminders, forms, and special actions. It includes postcard reminders, automatic reminders—including the combined reminders email feature—and appointment reminders.
See these articles for more information:
- To learn more about the overall setup steps required for reminders, click here.
- FAQs: Forms and certificates
- FAQs: Email
- FAQs: SMS
TROUBLESHOOTING COMBINED REMINDERS EMAILS
- The patient is not yet marked as deceased in Neo.
- The reminder was sent before the patient was marked as deceased in Neo.
- The email could have been sent before the appointment.
- If special actions are not correctly set up on your products, reminders will not be updated when products are invoiced.
For example, when a rabies vaccine is invoiced the special action should be set up to create an updated reminder and delete any existing reminders from the patient's record.
TROUBLESHOOTING SMS (TEXT) MESSAGES
- Automatic reminder SMS will always send automatically without needing approval.
- Client and patient SMS will send automatically if the Send SMS Immediately drop-down list in Administration > Branch Settings is set to Yes. If set to No, the message must be approved before it can be sent.
- The following messages will always require approval before sending:
- Manual reminder SMS
- SMS from appointments
- SMS from procedures
- Mass SMS from reports
- Yes, but there is no indication to your practice that the client has unsubscribed. If the client unsubscribes, the practice will receive an unknown error in the SMS Manager when they try to send that client a SMS message in the future.
Note: If the client does not want to receive SMS messages, the recommendation is to record the mobile phone number in the Additional Information area on the client record instead of the Mobile No. field.
- The client can unsubscribe by replying back to 812-202-4900 with the message STOP. To resubscribe, the client can reply back to 812-202-4900 with the message START.
- The client’s mobile number may be invalid or missing from the Mobile No. field.
- The client may have unsubscribed from receiving messages by replying STOP.
- For SMS reminders not sending, there may not be an SMS form selected for that reminder type.
- Edit the reminder type and select a form for SMS.
HOW DO I...
Note: If you would like to review SMS reminders before they are sent, change the Send SMS Immediately option to No. This will hold SMS messages in the SMS Manager area (Administration > SMS Manager) for review by a manager before they are sent.
For example, if you add the Rabies Canine 3 Year Vaccine product, any reminders associated with this product will be automatically updated when the invoice has been closed.
Note: If you reopen the invoice and edit the product line item date, the reminder due date will be automatically updated when you close the invoice again.
IMPORTANT: Deleting a product that triggered a reminder from a consultation will not delete the reminder: you will need to manually delete that reminder.
Note: You must use form variables that are related to the form you are creating. For example, you cannot use an invoice variable on a reminder form.